There are a few things worth mentioning before you dive into the pictorals.
- Please be patient for the pages to load. Some of the births contain a large number of
images, and will take some time to load on a slower connection.
- The births are numbered for easy reference in each section.
- The star indicates how graphic the birth is according to our Graphics Rating Scale.
- If the third column contains a number, that indicates the number of images that birth contains; if
an "E" is in that location, the birth is external to the Birth Story Diaries website.
- Some photos appear "grainy" or "dark". This is because often moms are
laboring in almost complete darkness, and this compromises the film quality.
If a photo is grainy, then you know she is laboring in the comfort of low
- I can only add birth photos as I receive them. If you'd like to
of your birth, please feel free to do so.
- I maintain this site on my own time, and pay for this site out of my
own pocket. If you like what you see, please take a moment to
drop me a line
and let us know.
- Finally, the pictorials are organized in three different ways, accessed
via the links below. First, they are divided between type of delivery - vaginal
or cesarean. Second, they are broken down by location of delivery, whether at
home, a hospital, or in a birthing center. Finally, they are sorted by their
Graphics Rating Scale. You will find each birth
under multiple indexes depending on how you would like to browse the site.